In theory, staying healthy should be easy, just about avoiding harm and staying away from disease. But in practice, it is a little bit tricky because disease comes even when you’re not actively looking for it. Even if you try to avoid it at all costs, your body has a natural course in which everything changes, including your health. Are you prepared for those changes?
If you are reading this, probably something is bothering you already. Or maybe you know someone else with a disease and want to prevent the same from happening to you. Either way, you have come to the right place if you want information about medical health. Congratulations on being interested in your body, how it works, what is the disease process, and how to avoid it in the first place.
In DonaHealth.com, you will find every tool you need to get acquainted with different health problems, their consequences, and what you can do about them. We are a community of writers, editors, and designers devoted to giving you accurate and updated information about medical conditions, healthy lifestyles, and similar topics.
Topics You Will Find On Our Site
What will you find in DonaHealth.com? We have a lot coming in the following weeks and months, and we encourage you to stay updated with our new content. However, these are the topics you’re expected to find on our site:
- Nutrition advice: The main focus of com is providing you with helpful lists and recommendations to achieve healthy nutrition. Nutrition advice is one of the most important topics we cover, and we do it according to information provided by dietitians and healthcare professionals. Nutritional advice is essential, even if you’re healthy. You are the result of what you eat and what you do every day.
- Health conditions and dietary recommendations: We will also devote many articles to describing different health conditions and the associated nutritional recommendations. Most of them are chronic health conditions such as type 2 diabetes and hypertension. These health problems usually improve when you have a very specific diet. We will break it down for you and make it easy to apply in your daily life. As a side note, treat these articles as a general guide if you have a chronic health condition, and ask your doctor if you have any doubt. If any recommendation we give is contrary to what the doctor says, maybe your individual needs are different from the majority. It is best to listen to your doctor’s advice.
- Healthy living: Our site focuses on the topics listed above, but we will also devote some time to talking about healthy living, which does not only include what you eat. Healthy living includes physical activity and psychosocial health. In other words, how you treat your body, yourself, and others. This is also important for your health, especially if you already have a disease.
How Do We Work?
We have a very distinct working method, and each team member has a place at each step of the way. If you want to know who we are and what we do, take a look at our working strategy:
- Step 1. Writing: You probably agree that our writing team is perhaps one of the most important members of this blog. They are in charge of giving the articles a consistent structure and filling it with reliable information. Our team of writers is composed of healthcare professionals in different fields. They are constantly updated on the latest trends in nutrition and healthy living and provide useful information to guide their own patients and other people.
- Step 2. Editing: After writing has finished, we also have a team of editors who are mainly in charge of making sure that the language and style of writing are easy to understand. In some cases, medical writers may become too technical, and only another doctor would be able to understand what they write. Our editing team will ensure that most people get the idea behind the articles. They also provide proofreading services to correct any spelling, grammar issues, or problems in the article’s structure.
- Step 3. Designing: Our design team is also an essential part of this site. They are the ones who make sure that everything looks appealing on the site. They choose the colors and design of the website but also go through each article to provide useful images to go along with the article. In some cases, the writer provides or suggests the photos, especially when they involve complex medical procedures and terms. But in most cases, this step is in charge of the design team. There is always cross-communication, though, and writers are usually consulted to ensure that images are correctly chosen for the articles.
- Step 4. Fact-Checking: The last step is fast-checking, which is usually done by other writers or healthcare professionals who are not writing the articles. This step ensures that the information laid down in the articles is correct and updated. Not all articles go through this step. It is usually reserved for new writers and when the piece has a few years and needs to be updated.
The Bottom Line
In DonaHealth.com, we are a group of writers, editors, and designers devoted to providing helpful information regarding healthy lifestyles. Our article’s main topic is nutrition and nutritional advice for different ailments.
We make sure that every piece of information laid down in our articles is accurate. How
ever, we can’t guarantee that it is constantly updated and relevant. Thus, DonaHealth.com should be regarded as an educational site and is not meant to replace the opinion of a healthcare professional.
Medicine and nutrition are complex topics to cover, and they should be adapted individually to each of us. Thus, if you’re in doubt or have something to ask, make an appointment with a healthcare professional and follow their advice to guard your health, prevent disease, and diagnose potential health problems.